MyFerrlecit—Your customer support program
Sanofi-aventis U.S. is
pleased to continue offering clinician and patient support for Ferrlecit. Sanofi-aventis
is the original developer and manufacturer of Ferrlecit.
As a leading global healthcare company, we are committed to delivering resources
and expertise needed to support you in your care of patients with iron deficiency
3 easy ways to access Ferrlecit reimbursement, patient, and professional support
Call 1-888-MYFERRLECIT (1-888-693-3775)
- Reimbursement and patient assistance (Option 1)
- Medical information (Option 3)
- Adverse event reporting (Option 4)
- All other inquiries (Option 5)
- Clinical data and online resources
- Reimbursement and patient assistance program (PAP) support
- Ordering and product information
Contact your local Ferrlecit sales professional
- Support materials, clinical reprints, and in-service programs
Important Safety Information for Ferrlecit
Serious hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylactic-type reactions, some
of which have been life-threatening and fatal, have been reported in patients receiving
Ferrlecit (sodium ferric gluconate) in post marketing experience. Patients may present
with shock, clinically significant hypotension, loss of consciousness, or collapse.
Monitor patients for signs and symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after Ferrlecit
administration for at least 30 minutes and until clinically stable following completion
of the infusion. Only administer Ferrlecit when personnel and therapies are immediately
available for the treatment of anaphylaxis and other hypersensitivity reactions.
- Ferrlecit is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Ferrlecit.
- Ferrlecit may cause clinically significant hypotension. Administration of
Ferrlecit may augment hypotension caused by dialysis and usually resolves within
one to two hours. Monitor patients for sign and symptoms of hypotension during and
- Do not administer to patients with evidence of iron overload.
- Ferrlecit contains benzyl alcohol as a preservative. Benzyl alcohol has been
associated with serious adverse events and death in pediatric patients. Caution
should be exercised when Ferrlecit is administered to a pregnant or nursing woman.
- The most commonly reported adverse reactions (≥10%):
- In adult patients were nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, injection site reaction,
hypotension, cramps, hypertension, dizziness, dyspnea, chest pain, leg cramps and
- In patients 6 to 15 years of age the most common adverse reactions (≥10%)
were hypotension, headache, hypertension, tachycardia and vomiting.
For more information on Ferrlecit, please see full Prescribing Information.